The Residents Committee is composed of residents, family members and volunteers. Elected annually, the committee meets 5 to 6 times a year and is supported by technical assistance and the general manager.
The roles and responsibilities of the Residents Committee are:
- To inform the residents of their rights and obligations.
- To promote the improvement of the quality of life of the residents and to evaluate their satisfaction with regards to the services provided.
- To defend the collective rights and interests of the residents or, at the request of a resident, to defend his or her rights or interests as a resident with the Centre or any other competent authority.
- To act as the guardian and not the master of the rights of the residents.
- To respect the residents.